Friday, April 6, 2012

A Love Story - Part 8

We honeymooned in Prince Edward Island, Canada. Another testimony of God's wonderfulness. Caleb wanted to plan and pay for our entire honeymoon, making it a complete joyeous surprise to me. He planned on having our first romantic gettaway to the place that I always wanted to go since I was a child. He never knew that. But God sure did! Let me just say that I think everyone should see this magical place. Where the shoreline is red and the grass is a wonderful green. We stayed in the most fancy places. Where fresh cookies are baked every 10 min down in the check in area and fireplaces and hot tubes are in the rooms. We slept in until 9:30 (or even longer) most days (which is NOT like us, but we were just married for crying out loud! ;-) ) just making it to brunch in the mornings. We mostly just walked and talked and walked some more. It was just magical, the whole thing.

When the honeymoon was over, we drove back to Vermont so that I could fetch my things before going back to Clarkson for our very last semester. We were excited to be a married couple in school together. It was a great season. We had our own appartment about a mile from campus. We rode our bikes to class every morning and did our homework together every evening. I would like to say that we were a total encouragement to eachother in our studies but that would be a lie.  It sure was distracting at times but we got through it. Some of our friends were miffed because they hardly saw us in the same old college friend groups anymore. But we were newlyweds, trying to just be newlyweds and living like newlyweds.

As graduation came, we had many job interviews. I was looking for a job in water engineering and he wanted a job in geotechnical engineering. I had offers in New York. Caleb had an offer in Richmond, Virginia. We decided to go to Richmond, and then I would try to find a job there. When I notified my favorite offer in NY about our decision, they said that they also had an office in Richmond and offered me a job there too. Three miles from Caleb's office. So in January, 2008 we moved and started our jobs.

And then God surprised us and through our plans out the door...

To be continued...


2 comments:

  1. I went to PEI that summer too, but it sounds like you got to soak it in much better than I/we did! We were there for one night, and my brother Joe got sick on some oysters and spent the rest of our time there puking... Kinda put a damper on our enjoyment.

    But warm cookies sure do sound good right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So coool! I like where this is going. I love hearing the back-story to when we met you guys... yours is such a good one! Thank you for sharing, friend.
    -Diana

    ReplyDelete