Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Love Story - Part 1

It was the end of August, 2005 and the first day of classes as a junior at Clarkson University. I was excited to start my school year off with a set of new classes and admittedly, I was also eager to forget the end of my sophmore year and just start again with a clean slate. I remember that morning like it was yesterday. Strength of Materials was my first class, starting at 9:00am. I walked into the classroom at 8:40, thinking that I would be the only soul there, but I was surprised to be the third overly anxious student. I recognized a fellow hockey player in the front so I moseyed in her direction. On my way, I passed the other person. He looked up at me with his big blue eyes. "Who on earth is that?" I wondered.

Later in the day he walked right up to me while I was standing behind a tract table. "You love Jesus too?!" was the very first thing he said to me. I later learned that his name was Caleb and that he just transferred in. I also learned that he was in 4 out of 5 of my classes. We soon became study buds.

To be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment