Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Love Story - Part 4

I remember arranging a meeting with Caleb after he told me about his feelings. I took my good friend with me as a support. I really wanted to make sure that we could still be friends without putting up fronts. During this meeting, my friend told Caleb (rightfully so! She was looking out for me!) that he was telling me too much about his feelings.

"you mean I can't tell Melissa that I love her?"-Caleb
"that's exactly what I mean!"-Friend

(Caleb told me a few weeks ago that this same wonderful pal invited him over to bake cookies or something, only to inform him that if he hurt me, then she would kill him. Now those kind of friends are hard to come by!)

Even after this meeting, that spring semester was different for Caleb and I. I became distant from him. The wall around my heart grew higher and stronger. When the end of the semester was completed, I couldn't wait to run away from school, and start my job. My heart was so confused. I liked him so much as a friend but thinking about something more? I needed real proof. That summer gave me the opportunity to be alone and really seek God and listen to His calling.

In the middle of the summer, I made the drive to Caleb's house in New York to meet his family. What a clan! There a a few things I remember about this visit:
1)tromping through the swamp while having mud fights and meeting up with two HUGE snakes.
2)helping out at someone's wedding. When the music started, all the Lange kids and their spouses dancing crazy in the center of the crowd. This was a taste of this rambunctious clan. 
3)meeting Caleb's older sister. She was their leader and she scared me (but we do have a very good relationship now mind you, probably because I passed the test)

That was the first of many visits.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment