Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Love Story - Part 2

I became really good friends with this crazy man. And crazy he sure was back then (well, he still is. Only he's better at staying professional to all of you   ). Picture him driving all over town screeching his tires at every turn, him snatching pocket books from poor old ladies (I mean from friends) as they wonder to class, performing harvest party skits to all the church children without hesitation as they all laugh with glee. Caleb stood out in our group friends. I remember talking to my roommates, wondering what kind of crazy woman would marry this guy. Our time together that semester was mostly over strength of materials or fluid dynamics homework. Outside of that, we were individually involved with our church family.

In December, I got a group of friends together, Caleb included, for a ski trip to my house in Vermont. We bombed the trails together.  Caleb whizzing by me on his snowboard, and then me whizzing by him on my skis. This is when Caleb started getting ideas about "us" being more than friends.

That first semester of knowing Caleb was such a gift. We both were free to just be friends without the idea of us being more then that in the back of our minds. It gave me the freedom to be me. There were no fronts. I am so thankful for that time.

The next semester started out with a VERY interesting turn of events...

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment