Thursday, April 19, 2012

Far Away

A couple of days ago, I took all three kids on an airplane, alone, to Boston. You should have seen the crazy looks I got from both airport personnel and other passengers. "are you sure you don't have us to issue your husband a special pass so he can help you get to the airplane?" I was asked three times my three different people. I said it was fine, that I could do it alone. I mean, how hard could it be? I was just crossing my fingures that the baby and the middle child wouldn't have spontaneous explosions. That would be tricky. God heard my prayers. No needed diaper changes or random outbursts from any of my children. It was a breeze I tell you. When I got to Boston and told Caleb that we made it, he said "good, because the scanner people called security on me because I refused to move until I saw that you were safely through the line." I have a very thoughtful husband.

We are in Boston visiting my mom for a couple weeks. Caleb is home for the first week and then he also goes on his own trip. His trip is a lot farther than mine and not nearly as vacationish. He will be hard at work paying for all my frivolous spending.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of you while you're away from home. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you blame his having to work on your "frivolous spending". That made me smile. Have fun in Boston with your fam! (And good work going on the plane with three kids and with confidence! Praise the Lord!)

    ReplyDelete