Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Love Story - Part 6

We drove to the Green Mountains with our friend Andrew (one of our college buddies). It was a perfect spring skiing sort of day. Sun shining and beautiful white powder covering the trails. At Sugarbush Ski resort, there are two large mountains connected with a long 25 min chair lift. I think this is why I love Sugarbush so much. Riding that lift from mountaintop to mountaintop while gazing upon the views is just glorious. I think this is why Caleb took me here. As we got into our skiing day, I lost track of time. That chair lift closed before we could get back to the first mountain where we started. No biggy I thought, we'll just take the bus back to the other mountain. That's what we did. Caleb was really hoping that we'd have time to ski some more when we got off the bus. But when we got back, the first mountain was closed. Oh well. Yeah, it stunk, especailly being the kind of skier that bombs the mountain to cram as many runs in before the lift closes, but I wasn't too disappointed because we did have really great day.

We got in Andrew's car and headed back down the mountains. Caleb was driving. All of a sudden, he stopped the car at on overlook. I didn't think anything of it because I was so stoked to see the view. I ran out of the car to the guardrails. When I was finished looking, I turned around. And there he was folks. On his knee. I don't even remember hearing "Will you marry me?" but I saw the ring. Shocked, surprised, heart raising, were some of the feelings pulsating through my body. I walked a few steps away from him (can you imagine being him? Poor guy was nervous enough and then I go walking away after he asks to marry me). But I quickly came back and said "no" to ease his nerves....oh just kidding guys! Of course I said "YES!" and we embraced and all that. It was great.

On the way back to Clarkson that day, Andrew played every lame love song on his ipod.

Caleb's original plan was to propose on that chair lift but I ruined it. And then he wanted to stage a fall and while I stopped to see if he was alright, he was going to propose. But I never let him get far enough ahead of me all day. He pulled through though!

And then the wedding plans began!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment