Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Love Story - Part 7

The wedding plans started. We were engaged at the end of March and we set a wedding date for August 10th of that summer. Our dream was to have a barn dance wedding. My grandma is friends with a man that has a beautiful barn overlooking the lake. We were incredibly blessed to have our wedding there. We saw each other a handful of times that summer. We would alternate, me going to NY to see him and he coming to VT to see me. It was such an exciting time of anticipation.

We would email each other throughout the day from our cubicles, planning our wedding and giving each other tidbits of our days. Back then, just holding his hand was a rush and that was the extend of our physical contact. It sounds so twidderpattedish and rather head-in-the-clouds, and maybe over the top for most but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  We planned to kiss for the first time as a married couple and that's what we did. Our first kiss pose was planned and practiced (him sweeping me over his knee while I put one leg in the air pose).  The only thing missing were fireworks blasting in the background.

Our wedding was simple but perfect. My mom made me a glorious dress and planted hundreds of sunflowers for the event. She also bought some purple flowers and put them in old sugar sap buckets to decorate. I made many apple pies with her (in place of a wedding cake) to feed the crowd. Our families helped so much. After the ceremony, we danced to the fiddle and the band, greeted many familiar faces, and took off on our honeymoon that Caleb saved for and planned all summer.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Apple pies instead of cake? How fun! And ingenious...

    ReplyDelete