Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Love Story - Part 5

I probably saw Caleb four times that summer. In between, I worked, ran a lot, and prayed that it would be really clear if this was meant to be. I would need God to change my heart and heal me from witnessing an unhealthy marriage and divorce growing up. Years earlier, I made a vow to myself that I would never marry or have kids (even though it was a desire. I think God puts that desire in us) based on the pain I had (I love my parents and forgave everything in the past. I don't hold onto it). That summer, the vow was broken. It was crucial if I wanted to move on and walk in His path. Looking back, now I see how perfect God's timing was. One morning that summer God used a pastor to speak into my life and verify that it was ok to look at Caleb as a potential husband. So I lived my single life five hours from him, and let him pursue me as he saw fit.

We were apart for awhile because I had that long internship that lasted through the next fall semester and he went back to Clarkson. He was really involved in church and leading bible studies not to mention that it was his senior year in engineering. Even though I love being married to him, I am so glad we had that time of singleness before we got married. It is a season that we'll never have again.

I went back to Clarkson in January to complete my last two semesters. I started getting counsel from a glorious woman of God while Caleb received discipleship from her husband. Spring break came quickly. We parted our ways for the week and then came back to Clarkson a little early to see each other and see friends before classes started. Caleb insisted that we go back to Vermont to go skiing for the day before classes start. What? I just came from Vermont! But you only live once right? So off we went, to hit the slopes.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment