Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Success!!

In an effort to be completely refined sugar free, I made a large batch of honey sweetened strawberry jam yesterday. I was a little scared to have a runny end product but I must say that it set very well and I will be making this jam every year!






The ingrients are as follows:

4 cups of mashed berries
1 cup honey
2 tsp Pomona's Universal Pectin
2 tsp calcium water (comes in pectin box)

I took these ingredients and multiplied them all by 6 and made my jam. You might be wondering how expensive it is to make honey sweetened jam. It was certainly an issue for me before I bought the stuff to make it. After making this batch, I did the cost analysis and determined that it costs roughly $1/cup of jam. Not bad. The jam tastes great, more fruity than the more sugary jam that I've made in the past.

When our peaches are ripe, I think I'll try a honey peach jam too!


No comments:

Post a Comment