Sunday, June 23, 2013

Time

I sit here and write in my blog while my baby rests peacefully inside my womb at 41 weeks, +4 days. As the time passes by, people wait anxiously for any news of this he or she to make their arrival into this world. While I totally understand the excitement (I'm of course ready to be holding, cuddling, nursing, smelling, this child!) and the "are you in labor yet?" comments, I choose to rest and wait for the perfect time. I full heartedly believe that God has a perfect time for EVERYTHING. Even the exact moment of delivery. And I do see the medical side of "it's just not safe to let you baby bake inside you for more than 41 weeks!" and pregnancies are all unique and some do indeed need to be ended before nature takes it's course.

Why would it be nice to have this baby in the next couple hours? Oh the reasons!...

I'm huge
I'm tired
I hurt
I am inconvenienced
I am forced to give me!

but isn't that what we're called to do everyday even if you're NOT 41+4 weeks pregnant? Didn't Jesus call us to "die daily"?  AND he promises great rewards to those that are faithful. I know this reward is gloriously great and worth another day of hugeness.  I don't pretend to be happy and giddy with my physical state day in and day out. His grace takes me through the "I'm just through with this!" moments.

This baby belongs  to Him and He chooses the time. Not me and there is a wonderful peace in that.

1 comment:

  1. There is something unique in the day that Jesus chooses. And I don't know what it is - but when Ed was born on Easter Sunday - I knew something was happening in the spiritual realm. There was a reason that day was chosen.

    ReplyDelete