Wednesday, May 27, 2015

the day she surprised us all

My body continued to show many signs that I was in labor, and then contractions would stop. There is a name for this kind of labor but I can't remember (prodromal labor). On Friday, May 8th I went to my midwife appointment feeling like things might be nearing the end (in pregnancy that is). I chose not to be checked since I had a long drive home with four kids and I didn't want to chance going into full blown labor while trying to manage traffic.

Saturday morning arrived. Caleb advised that I call the midwife team. So I did. They came at 4pm in the afternoon while I was having irregular contractions but those contractions were good ones because I was 8cm when they got here! After a couple hours of walking around, eating dinner and roasted marshmallows, climbing stairs, I was checked and fully dilated.  But still no desire to push and no regular contractions.

On the toilet I went. When the first tricky contraction came I knew it would be REALLY fast. I had no desire to have the baby in our nasty looking bright green bathroom so I walked over the my bed where the team was waiting there. I stood at the side of my bed and crouched down with each pushing contraction. As I felt a head come, everything in me wanted it to stop but I made a choice to use all power to push our baby out. My mind was so focused that I had no idea where anyone was. Caleb later told me that he was right there next to me but I have no remembrance of that. So I pushed my baby out standing near the bed and my midwife immediately gave her to me. I was so surprised that she was a girl!

I am so blessed to be given another wonderful birth experience. God clearly told me to just TRUST as I had doubts when contractions were not regular. He was in my home and planned every moment from start to finish.

Ariane Nasia Lange is her name. And we love her.

1 comment: