Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Rest of the Story

It was five days after my official birthday. My day went as usual and then at 4pm I heard a knock on the door. My babysitter was here! She came right in and handed me an envelope that said "open me" on the front. Inside, I found a gift certificate for a full body message and pedicure with a little note from the man of the house. "Go to this address. You only have 15 min so leave quickly." Oh my what a surprise this was!

On my way to the spa, I realized that I hadn't even looked at my nasty feet in weeks! It's winter, why bother right? There was no time to do anything about it. I would have to explain to the lady that this was all a surprise. When I sat down for the pedicure, the little lady took one look at my feet and said "Oh wow look at this! You have tiny little specs of dried polish on your toes! Oooohhh, I'm going to take care of this for you! And since you never get these, I traded the polish that you picked for a more fancy one."

Everything was wonderful. After being doted upon for three hours, I left the place where my man was waiting for me outside. He drove us to my favorite fancy cafe where we ate while gazing upon each other's eyes. He explained how he had all this planned for days but since my birthday was on Valentine's day week, the spa was booked. Man, did I feel silly. "You could have said something a few days ago to spare me the sadness!" He just smiled. I know even more now how much he is willing to go through to keep something a surprise.

Things are not always what they seem. But a happy birthday phone call is always appreciated! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment